Total Systems Change: Transforming practice, services and organizational culture.
Paul Nixon, Chief Social Worker Child and Youth Family, Wellington, New Zealand
This one day workshop will explore how leaders and managers (including leading practitioners) can change and shape child welfare organizations to deliver services and practice that are empowering and collaborative with children, families, and communities. The workshop will include theory, research and practice in the following areas:
• Developing a shared vision for empowering and collaborative services
• Leading and managing change in organizational culture
• Promoting best practice
• Progressive strategy and performance management
• Developing a reflective and learning culture
• Keeping a strong child centered outcome focus
• Staff and community involvement and consultation
• Collaborative evaluation and research
The workshop will be a mixture of presentations, interactive group exercises and discussions.
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Time: 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM